Google+

Paper Collage Chinese Style -- a Crafty Weekends Review & Link Party

Disclosure: Tuttle Publishing sent me a copy of this book in exchange for a review. All opinions are my own. All photos from the book are taken from Tuttle's website.

Have you been crafting this week? I have done some and spent today doing a lot, but I will not be sharing those until next week's review. This week I get to share with you Paper Collage Chinese Style by Zhu Liqun Paper Arts Museum. Unfortunately I have yet to find the time to try any of the techniques and projects in this beautiful book.


The book is divided into four chapters plus an introduction. In the introduction the concept of paper collage is explained. The introduction explains that the techniques in the book are based off of traditional Chinese painting. Chapter One explains the basics and creativity of paper collage and then Chapter Two discusses the materials, tools and basic techniques. Chapter Three and Chapter Four have projects!!

The first project is the Giant Panda and the second is the Giant Panda Head. 

As you can see the steps are illustrated with photographs. Each step is small and the photos really help to see the shape and more. 

It is really amazing to see how the pictures come from torn scraps of paper.
The projects get harder and more artistic as they go. I honestly am excited to try some of them. They look so amazing! I love how easy the book makes it look and how creative you can be with the projects. I can imagine using them for framed art or to make special cards. How would you use these beautiful pictures?  I hope you will take the time to check out this fun book!!


Features


1) From Sparkle: Spooky Finger Specimen

2) From Living La Vida Holoka: DIY Halloween Fairy Garden

3) From Rain on a Tin Roof: Five Free Fall Mums Watercolor Printables

4) From Growing Up Gabel: Pumpkins and Ghosts and Spiders! Easy Halloween Garland

5) From Simply {Darr}ling: DIY Personalized Disney Water Bottles

6) From Over the Apple Tree: I Can Knit!

7) From Ginx Craft: Fair Isle Beret and Waistcoat

8) From Life Sew Savory: Simple Pencil Skirt Pattern

9) From Five Spot Green Living: Homemade Oatmeal Soap Recipe


Thank you to everyone who shared the last week!! I hope you will share again!! If you are featured here, please feel free to grab a featured button to display proudly on your blog. I would love the help spreading the word about Crafty Weekends!!


Please share family friendly crafts here. Just crafts and/or patterns--no recipes, lessons, etc. You can share craft product reviews as well. By linking up here you are giving me permission to share your links and to pin your links. Please follow my Crafty Weekends Feature Pinterest Board to see all the features from these fun link parties!



6 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for featuring my my knit hat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing it with us!! Have a wonderful week!!

      Delete
  2. So many great posts - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for featuring my Halloween fairy garden! Enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for featuring our garland!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments and ideas. Thank you for reading and contributing!