Google+

Just for You -- Crafty Weekends Review & Link Party

This link party is for crafts done by people of all ages!!
Disclosure: C&T Publishing gave me a copy of this book free of charge to review. All opinions in my review are my own and I did not receive any other compensation. As in all my reviews I am providing links for your ease, but receive no compensation.

 Today I get to share a book that is for sewers to spoil themselves!! Just for You by Caroline Fairbanks-Critchefield and Sarah Markos features twenty-four various projects to make for oneself. They range from clothing, bags, and other fun accessories. There are two projects for each month of the year. The projects are a collection of various designers put together to create a book for the sewer to spoil herself.

http://www.ctpub.com/just-for-you-selfish-sewing-with-your-favorite-sewcanshe-bloggers/

 I decided to start with the Lace Infinity Scarf by Jessica Christian. Infinity scarves are all the rage and I have bought a few but wanted to know how to make one. I did not find a stretchy lace that I liked so I went with a stretchy knit.

 The weather for tonight is predicting some snow, so I felt I needed a bit of spring today, so I am wearing it.
 I have to say it was easy to make and the instructions were clear. When I first read them they didn't make complete sense to me but once I started I realized what it meant. Now I have to decide what to make for myself next. I am loving this Foxy Smartphone Cozy.
Source
They also have skirts, dresses, bags, aprons and so many other great ideas!! I love all the variety and the patterns are stylish and useful!! Of course Hazel wants me to get back to sewing for her. Oh, well. I guess I will have to make myself something else when she is not looking. 






Thank you to everyone who shared with us at last week's party!!  I hope you will check them all out and remember it is just a sampling of the amazing crafts shared. 

Also remember for your child-oriented crafts, activities, lessons, etc. Sharing Saturday is going on!! For any cultural related posts (diversity and/or multicultural as well) be sure to share at the month long Creative Kids Culture Blog Hop. A new Creative Kids Culture Blog Hop just started this morning! Here is a sampling of features from last week's party! This week's features are in three categories: Easter & Spring and Every Day Crafts.




Easter and Spring Features



1) From Our Whimsical Days: Craft Stick Easter Bunny

2) From Living La Vida Holoka: DIY Easter Bunny Flower Pot Decoration

3) From Flamingo Toes: Simple and Sweet Wonderland Spring Pillow


4) From Wesens-Art: Sweet Bunny

5) From  The Scrap Shoppe Blog: Floral Paper Eggs

6) From  The Perfect Storm: Easter Egg Wreath DIY
 
7) From Bombshell Bling: He is risen Free Easter Printable

8) From Paper Crafting Ideas: DIY Flowers Party Favors/Cupcake Toppers

9) From The Jenny Evolution: DIY Spring Easter Clothespin Wreath Tutorial

Every Day Features


1) From Designs By Miss Mandee: Cute Foam Birthday Crown

2) From Ginx Craft: Pirate Noodler

3) From Atta Girl Says: Vintage Camper Painted Rocks

4) From Morena's Corner: Make Personalized Wood Blocks

5) From Jewelry Making Journal: Flower Power Button Earrings (Tutorial)

6) From Vrolijk by Leen: Sheep Blanket

Thank you to everyone who shared the last week!! I hope you will share again!! If you are featured here, please feel free to grab a featured button to display proudly on your blog. I would love the help spreading the word about Crafty Weekends!!





Featured Button Code:



 Please share family friendly crafts here. Just crafts and/or patterns--no recipes, lessons, etc. You can share craft product reviews as well. By linking up here you are giving me permission to share your links and to pin your links. Please follow my Crafty Weekends Feature Pinterest Board to see all the features from these fun link parties!