Google+

Post Card Swap Map

So remember a few weeks ago, I mentioned we are participating in the USA Post Card Swap that Beth at Living Life Intentionally is running. I showed you the post card we picked and a map of the USA and promised a project to tie it all together. Well today is the day. Since Hazel is not quite ready to really get all she can from these great post cards I want to make them usable for when she is older. Well I took our map (I got it at AAA for free as a member) and Mod Podged it onto two pieces of poster board (I think I would use cardboard or foam board next time). I also put a layer of Mod Podge over the map to seal it. I bought a package of very small Velcro dots that had 56 of them. I started putting one side around the map and the other part of the Velcro on the post cards so we could see all the post cards around the map and then take them off to read all the wonderful things people wrote about their states.
Once we have all fifty post cards we will hang this up in our craft room. When Hazel is a bit older we can use it to learn about where the states are and a little bit about each one. I have to say I love this post card swap idea!! I may have to try something like this. Would you be interested?


2 comments:

  1. I absolutely would be interested:) I think it would be great for my kindergartners to do:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are enjoying the swap! So are my kids =-) If we get all (or at least most of the postcards) we may have to make it an annual thing. Thanks for sharing on TGIF! Looking forward to seeing you again tomorrow,
    Beth =-)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments and ideas. Thank you for reading and contributing!