Google+

Two More Craft Books from the library

This morning after my dentist appointment I stopped at the library to pick up two of the books I requested from other libraries. Thought I would give a quick review after flipping through them here. And of course I just checked my email to see more of the books I requested arrived today at the library, so it looks like I'll be going back tomorrow.

The Little Hands Nature Book by Nancy Fusco Castaldo--flipping through this quickly, I cannot wait to dive into it and find some good activities to do with Hazel. This book has great activities for ages 2-6 with an educational side to them as well.

Little Hands Celebrate America! by Jill Frankel Hauser--I got this one for craft ideas for my Fourth of July party. It is full of lessons and then a craft on different things in America--pledge allegiance, flag, constitution, so so much more. It looks like a great way to introduce some of the American history topics especially if you home school.

Now onto the other books that I haven't written about:
The Little Hands Big Fun Craft Book by Judy Press--Packed full of craft ideas for 2-6 year olds. I really am loving this series. It is not as educational as the ones above, but does include Celebrations from Around the World.

Kids Create! by Laurie Carlson--This book says it is for 3-9 year olds and definitely is for older kids. It goes through paper and paste crafts to clay crafts and printmaking and seasonal crafts. Lots of great ideas, but I think I want to get it out again when Hazel is a bit older.

Nature's Art Box by Laura C. Martin--looks like a great book, but again is definitely for older kids. Will return with the desire to take it out in a few years.

Crafts for Kids Backyard Book by Greta Speechley--thought this might give me ideas for our Fourth of July BBQ--activities to do with the kids is always a good thing.--It has a few good ideas, but not much that is different from what I have already seen.

Look What You Can Make With Newspapers, Magazines, And Greeting Cards edited by Kathy Ross--a lot of papier-mache and some new ideas, but mostly things I have seen before.

Look What You Can Make With Paper Plates edited by Margie Hayes Richmond--full of easy ideas to make things with paper plates. Some I could do now with Hazel or save them for when she is older. There are animals, holiday stuff, mobiles and more.

Another book Hazel has been enjoying:
The Little Moon Princess by Y.J. Lee--great tale about how the stars became stars
And the Dish Ran Away with the Spoon by Janet Stevens and Susan Stevens Crummel--a new take on Hey diddle diddle with some other nursery rhyme themes thrown in